Sweet potatoes are not only delicious; they are a certified super food. By incorporating sweet potatoes and protein powder in this delicious recipe, you can enjoy protein brownies without the sugar or high calories.
Servings: 9-12, depending on the size of squares
Here is What You Will Need:
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons Stevia
- 1 scoop protein powder, chocolate flavored
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips, to sprinkle on top
- Pinch of nutmeg or pumpkin spice, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake sweet potato for 30 minutes. Use a fork to puncture the sweet potato before cooking.
- Take fully cooked sweet potato out of the oven. Peel and mash it in a bowl.
- Lower your oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Add sweet potato mash.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate medium bowl before adding to mixture.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with spray or coconut oil. Add mixture and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 30 minutes. Check with toothpick to ensure brownies are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 130 calories, 5g protein, 17g carb, and 7g fat.