Here’s a simple and light version of tuna salad. It cuts out high-calorie mayonnaise and adds some chopped fruit and vegetables to really liven it up. This is a great recipe to enjoy as you journey towards your fitness goal. Servings: 4
Here’s what you need…
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 2 green onions, tops only, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cans albacore tuna, in drained
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup red grapes, halved
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and serve immediately.
- You could serve this salad in large butter lettuce leaves, or scooped onto avocado halves.
- Enjoy this simple tuna salad!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 222 calories, 16g fat, 9g carbohydrate, 194g fiber, and 14g protein.