Healthy Donuts? Really? Well, these gorgeous breakfast treats are gluten-free, cane sugar-free and baked! There’s something so fun and satisfying about taking something that’s supposed to be unhealthy and turning it into a wholesome snack.
Servings: 12 Half-Donut
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup, grade B
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, whites and yolks separated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease your 6-mold donut pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl combine all of the wet ingredients except egg whites.
- Mix the wet with dry and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until firm peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Equally distribute the batter between the 6 donut molds. Smooth out the tops of each donut. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow the donuts to cool, remove from pan and then chill in the fridge for half an hour.
Nutritional Analysis: 111 calories, 8g fat, 32mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 4g protein