In less than half an hour, you can make a set of 15 delicious and nutritious vanilla coconut macaroons. Finding healthy desserts is difficult for those of us on a strict eating regimen, but you can use this recipe to increase your protein intake. Two macaroons make a great snack between meals or after a workout, and you will have plenty to share with others or save for later. Servings: 15
Here is What You Will Need:
- 1 1/3 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 egg whites
- 4 sweetener packets (such as Stevia, or you may also use coconut palm sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey, creamed
- ½ cup protein powder, vanilla flavored (you may use a gluten-free or vegan option if desired)
- Preheat over to 300 degrees.
- Combine egg whites, sweetener, and honey into a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat the mixture until frothy.
- Add coconut and protein powder. Stir well into the mixture.
- Allow mixture to settle for five minutes. This will allow the coconut to soak up moisture.
- Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Scoop 15 piles of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Macaroons will be lightly browned when done.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 72 calories, 5g protein, 5g fat, and 5g carbs.
Source: Recipe and photo from Nutritionist in the Kitch