With winter here, warm up with this wholesome and quick turkey soup at home tonight. It’s high in fiber, packed with protein (21 g per serving!) and tastes quite comforting and delicious. Enjoy the leftovers as a quick lunch or as tomorrow’s dinner.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1.3 lbs lean ground turkey
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 (14.5oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 ears of corn, kernels sliced off cobb
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add garlic. Add chopped carrots, cover for 5 minutes. Add onions, celery and fennel. Sauté until soft.
- In another skillet cook the ground turkey over medium heat until fully cooked, stirring often. Drain off excess fat.
- Transfer the veggies to large soup pot and add the remaining ingredients, and the cooked turkey.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes.
- Add extra water as desired.
- ENJOY your Turkey Soup!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 274 calories, 6g fat, 480mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, and 21g protein.