These slow cooker chicken tacos are an easy and tasty dinner. All you have to do is throw the chicken ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, and voila, come home to a healthy, appetizing meal that the whole family can enjoy! This recipe uses less expensive chicken thighs that can withstand hours of slow cooking without losing their texture. So get Ready. Set. Start slow cooking your healthy chicken tacos and enjoy!
Here’s what you need:
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (16oz) jar green salsa
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped (I use mild!)
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Large lettuce leaves
- Avocado, sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the lettuce leaves and avocado, in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken thighs, shred with a fork, and mix back in. Serve, using a slotted spoon, on the lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of fajita seasoning. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 202 calories, 6g fat, 589mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 20g protein.