Is there anything better for breakfast than a warm, gooey cinnamon roll hot from the oven? With this protein cinnamon rolls recipe, you can enjoy the old-fashioned taste of cinnamon rolls, with a twist of pumpkin and packed with protein. Servings: 4
Here is What You Will Need:
- ¼ cup pure pumpkin, canned (Note: not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 ½ scoops cinnamon flavored protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup, sugar free
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all batter ingredients.
- Spray cupcake or muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Use a spoon to divide batter into four servings.
- Bake ten minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the over, and flip them over with a fork before returning to oven.
- Bake up to five more minutes. Insert toothpick to check if rolls are fully cooked.
- Once fully cooked, remove from oven to cool.
- Mix together glaze in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Stir well.
- Remove rolls from pan and dip into glaze individually. Sprinkle with cinnamon and set to cool.
- Leftovers must be refrigerated.
Nutritional Analysis: Each serving equals 115 calories, 13g protein, 3g fat and 9g carbs. Source