Eating healthfully on the go can be tricky. In our fast paced world today reaching for pre-packaged and processed snack foods can be tempting—they’re easy, quick and filling. But those packaged and processed snack foods are often filled with refined sugars, processed carbs and unpronounceable preservatives that can jeopardize your fitness and healthy lifestyle goals.
So instead of reaching for store-bought snacks, why don’t you whip up a batch one of Jari Love’s favorite protein snacks: Maple Pecan No-Bake Protein Bars. These bars are Simple and good.
Even if you’re a non-cook and just have 15 minutes, then you tackle and make this recipe. All of the ingredients go in one bowl, and then pressed into a square dish or pan for cutting… Yes, done in 15 minutes!
Protein bars can help you control your appetite and is a convenient way to get some extra protein in your diet. Just remember that even with healthy snacks, we need to avoid overindulging. These bars are delicious and will help satisfy both hunger and sweet cravings without all the added sugar of processed bars.
Here’s what you need:
- 1½ cups whey protein, vanilla
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (or almond butter, or nut or seed butter of choice)
- 3 Tbsp pecans, toasted and chopped (or sub for walnuts or almonds)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3 Tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (I used Nature’s Hollow Sugar-Free Maple) can use real maple syrup (nutrition will change)
- 3 tsp maple extract *
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- In a large bowl, mix together the protein powder, oats and pecans.
- Once dry ingredients are combined, add in the peanut butter, sugar-free maple syrup, maple extract and milk
- Mixture will be a thick dough. If you can’t stir with a wooden spoon, use your hands
- Press dough into an 8×8 pan (un-greased is fine)
- Cut into 8 bars. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap or bag, and store in the freezer for grab-n-go.
Notes * maple extract can be found in the baking aisle of any grocery store
Nutritional Analysis: 1 bar Calories: 250 Fat: 12 g Carbs: 16 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 99 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 20 g