A healthy tuna salad can be made!
This healthy tuna salad recipe takes protein filled tuna and adds fresh ingredients to turn it into a healthy tuna salad. Unlike many tuna salad recipes, this one doesn’t call for dressings or mayonnaise that add undesirable fats. So, have this for healthy tuna salad mix for lunch or dinner, and keep it lean by skipping the bread and eating it straight from a bowl.
Here’s what you need:
• 2 cans Albacore tuna, packed in water
• 1/2 cup white bean hummus
• 1 small apple, finely minced
• 1 tbsp yellow onion, finely minced
• 1 tsp dried dill weed
• Dash of pepper
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Drain and flake the tuna in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Serve in a bowl, on large lettuce leaves or in half of an avocado, garnish with dried dill weed.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 188 calories, 5g fat, 563mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 21g protein.