Serve this flavorful Southwest Chicken with a heaping side of dark leafy greens. This is the epitome of a meal focused on protein and fiber. It’s meals like this that will melt off body fat and improve your health and fitness. Enjoy! Servings: 6
Here’s what you need…
- 2 lbs organic chicken breast
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoon chili in adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Butterfly cut the chicken, opening each breast up like a book.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a baking pan and set aside in the fridge as you prepare the sauce.
- Place the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to puree the sauce until smooth.
- Coat the chicken with half of the sauce and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the chicken with foil and bake chicken for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of the reserved sauce. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 304 calories, 17g fat, 336mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 18g protein.