Paired with a green salad, this meal is light, full of fiber and will help you towards your best body yet!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 pounds bone-in breast, turkey or chicken, skin removed
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
8 cups bone broth
1 cup uncooked quinoa
3 cups lacinato kale, chopped
2 lemons, juiced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Place 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey breast; cook until well browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and return to high heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery, parsnips, carrots, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden, about 8 minutes.
3. Transfer the cooked veggies to the slow cooker and stir in the broth. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
4. Transfer the turkey breast from the slow cooker to a plate, remove the meat from the bones and shred. Return the meat to the slow cooker and stir in the quinoa and kale. Cover and cook on low for an hour, until the quinoa is tender.
5. Generously season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon juice and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
One serving equals 305 calories, 6g fat, 18g carbohydrate, 952mg sodium, 4g fiber, and 47g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter to your friends, family, and coworkers.