This Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup is a cold-weather meal that’s easy on your fitness goals!
Added Value: Red bell peppers are filled with vitamin C, vitamin A and carotenoids, making this a wonderful way to fight off a cold! So at the end of the day here’s a quick and easy soup, which is wholesome and nutritious! Servings: 6
Here’s what you need:
- 5 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 cups of chicken broth,
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt,
- dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Roast the bell peppers on a grill pan. Let them get really blackened.
- Place in a closed paper bag for 15 minutes.
- Peel off the skin, remove the seeds and stem.
- Transfer the roasted peppers and the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth then heat on the stove.
- It’s really delicious chilled, too. Garnish with a Tablespoon of coconut milk and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 151 calories, 12g fat, 341mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 6g protein