Craving something sweet? This is pumpkin protein ice cream recipe is a filling and low-cal treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth. While it’s not really ice cream, but the taste and texture are certainly close enough! Also, the addition of pumpkin adds lots of volume without too many extra calories One difference between this “ice cream” and regular homemade ice cream is that you do not want to let it firm up in the freezer. Since it hardly has any sugar or fat —just a lot of water content—it will end up more like an ice block than ice cream. Eat it right out of the ice cream maker like soft serve. Servings: 2
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1 can Pumpkin
- 16 oz Greek Yogurt
- Your favorite Sweetener
- Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste
- 1 cup Almond Milk or Skim Milk
- Salt to taste
- Blend pumpkin, yogurt, milk, sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn until frozen.
- Enjoy your pumpkin protein ice cream!
Nutritional Analysis: Per serving – Calories – 308, Fat – 12g, Carbs -27g, Protein 23g