These chicken lettuce wraps are a breeze to throw together. They’re a quick, easy and healthy twist to the often consumed chicken salad sandwich, but without mayo and with the addition of curry and turmeric and a sweet and crisp apple. Serves 4
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) apple, skin on, diced
- Small handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) low-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- Juice of one lemon
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 4 big leaves red or Boston lettuce (Be sure the lettuce you choose as your wrap is sturdy enough to hold in the chicken)
In a medium bowl, combine diced chicken, celery, apple and cilantro.
In a separate small bowl, stir together yogurt, curry powder and lemon juice. Add to chicken mixture and fold together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Lay washed lettuce leaves on a clean workspace. Place one-quarter of the chicken mixture on each leaf. Tuck in the sides of lettuce and roll up from the end. Cut rolls in half and secure leaves with a toothpick.