With 6 grams of protein, you can reward yourself after a tough workout by eating this chocolate peanut butter protein bar. In the recipe that follows, if you don’t own a food processor, you can purchase oat flour at most grocery stores. And, to keep it vegan, simply replace the whey protein powder with a plant-based variety and use maple syrup instead of honey. Servings: 12
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice crisps cereal
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon non-dairy chocolate chips
- Line a 9×5” loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Place rolled oats in food processor and pulse until oats are a flour consistency.
- In a medium bowl, mix processed rolled oats with quick oats, protein powder, and cereal.
- In a small pan over medium heat, stir honey and peanut butter until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour peanut butter mixture over oats. Stir well.
- Using hands, press mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- In microwave, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute, and then 30-second intervals stirring in between, until fully melted. Use a fork to drizzle chocolate over bars.
- Let cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing into 12 bars.
- Enjoy your Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar!
Nutritional Analysis: per serving – 124 cal, 4.6g fat, 15.9g carbs, 58 mg sodium, 1.6g fiber, 5.8g protein
Recipe from Nutritious & Delicious Protein Powder Recipes by Sara Carr